A couple of weeks ago I shared a couple of subscription boxes that I tried, and I have a few more that I thought I would share with you. Honestly, these things are like receiving presents in the mail, and I love make-up and beauty stuff, but I’m actually quite clueless about it all, too, so it’s also a learning experience for me!
First up, is my Lip Factory Inc box for March:
Lip Factory, as it sounds is a make-up subscription box, and in particular it focuses on lip products, which is fun. This month (and apologies, I forgot to take a photo of the card that came with the box) was themed It’s All About the Lips. Everything in this box is for your lips which is super-cool. So, onto the goodies (and I’ve got a swatch photo below for people who are interested in seeing how the colours actually look):
- Mirenesse Lip Bomb (Shade #13) – this is full size, and quite fun. Very pigmented and this colour is kind of a nude peachy-pink colour.
- Ellovi Lip Butter – this is a lip balm that has Hawaiian coconut, sunflower, hemp, macadamia, Ghanaian marula and shea. It’s really nice, too.
- Jessie’s Girl Vitamin E Treatment – Now, this is a sheer lipstick-like lip treatment. Perfect if you’re not wearing lipstick, but still want something moisturising on your lips.
- Cargo Cosmetics Lip Quad (Casablanca) – these are (for the most part) super-pigmented. I do love the packaging for this one.
- Jessie’s Girl Lip-Liner (Brick) – I don’t really have any lipsticks in this shade of red (mine all tend to be BRIGHT red, as opposed to a brick red), but I’m happy to add this to my collection if and when I acquire a colour like that!
Next up, is my first BellaBox:
BellaBox is an Australian beauty box and is about $15.00 a month, so it’s super affordable, and is primarily a samples box (rather than full-size like Wantable of Lip Factory). Still, samples are cool, too and I really like this box.
- ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick in Matte (Parisian Pink) – This is a bright pink lipstick that comes in cute white packaging, and it has a mirror, which is great because lipstick requires a mirror.
- WOTNOT Facial Wipes – I got these in my February VioletBox, but I love these facial wipes and I am so happy to get another sample set. I’m actually really tempted to buy these because I use facial wipes all the time and these are super soft, and super moisturising.
- St Tropez Gradual Tan Medium/Dark – I won’t lie, I’ll never use this because I am so pale and I actually do not like to tan. (I know, I know!) That said, my sister DOES, and she’s coming to visit from Sydney over Easter and I’ll be handing this over to her when I see her.
- Coconut Revolution Lip Balm Stick – I am so not going to run out of lip balms any time soon! This one smells like coconut oil, which is probably an acquired taste, but it is very moisturising.
- Pantene Aqua Light Shampoo and Conditioner samples – I have a particular brand of shampoo and conditioner that I use (as recommended by my hairdresser), but I love having these little travel-size bottles on hand if I’m going away for a weekend/week because they’re so handy. These actually smell really nice, too, so I’ll happily give them a shot.
- Natralus Paw Paw Pure Gel – this is a foil sample packet, but this stuff is always great to have on hand in case of sunburn, rashes, etc to sooth skin, so I’ll be keeping this somewhere safe.
Finally, I received my March Violet Box, too!
I’m still liking VioletBox, I won’t lie. There were 3 full-size products in my box this month, and there’s a sneak peek for next month, featuring TeeezTrend Cosmetics, which I’ve heard a lot about, so I’m kind of excited for that. Anyway, on to the contents:
- Love Those Lashes New Silk Strip Lashes – I’ve never worn false lashes before, but I do have a friend’s wedding coming up and I might give them a shot. Apparently these are reusable (up to 15 times), which is pretty cool, so I’ll let you know how I go.
- Starlooks Gem Pencil – this is super-silvery and very soft and has great coverage. I don’t know when I’ll wear it because I’ve been wearing very neural colours on my eyes, but I do like swatching it because it’s silvery and glittering and who doesn’t like that combination?!
- Sinful Colors Nail Polish (Good Girl) – I’ve got a couple of red nail polishes, but not a plain, dark red nail polish and this is going to be perfect for Autumn/Winter. This is going to be my next toenail colour. Also, it’s a full-size, which is very cool.
- Acorelle Skincare (Night Creme) – This is a teeny-tiny sample size and I’ve used it once, and it was quite nice on my skin. I actually don’t know if there’s anything else in the little tube – lol!
- Mirenesse Velvet Lift Moisture Shine (Shade #55) – This is a little sample bottle (and it’s so cute!) and my second Mirenesse product this month… and their Australian! That was probably the most exciting thing I found out. Apparently this lip gloss is designed to make your lips look fuller. Can’t comment on that yet, but it’s a very sheer colour.
So those are my boxes.
I’m going to give both BellaBox and VioletBox at least another month – they’re the cheapest of all the boxes I’ve tried, and I don’t mind sample sizes. I get to try things I’ve never tried, and never heard of before, so no complaints from me! I’ve decided not to continue with Lip Factory (not because it’s not worth the money, but because I’d rather give Wantable another month or two and it’s a little more expensive).
Here in Victoria we’re got one more week of term until we hit our Term 1 Break (2 weeks off! Easter! Yay!) so I’ll have a bit more time for blogging.
What would you like to see me post about?
More classroom photos? Do you want to see my organisation nightmare (honestly, you’ll feel so much better with yourself compared to my mess!)? Should I share some things I’ve been doing to support my visually impaired student? Do you want more START WRITE AWAY class book sets?
I’d love your input!
Until next time, have a great week!